Home Forums FIBER Accurate Raman Gain peak value

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrés Gómez
      Participant

Hello,
      I am trying to realise an accurate simulation of the performance of a Raman Amplifier working with a low-power pump, so the gain obteined is low too. For this reason, I need a precise value of the parameters “raman gain peak” and “raman gain reference” used in the “Raman Amplifier – Average Model” block.

I don’t have a clue of what value use.

I know that the fiber that I am simulating (SMF-28) have an Raman Gain Efficiency = 0.42 [Km^-1 W^-1], and I have the values of the attenuation and effective area. But I not sure if there is a way of convert this parameter into the values that de Raman Block require.

Furthermore, I have seen and some articles that they use, for the same king of fiber, a value of “Raman Gain peak” of 9.9e-14 m/W. But they don’t indicate what is the value for the “Raman gain reference”.

Thanks,
      I will appreciate any help.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply! If you are still interested the “Raman gain reference pump” parameter determines at which pump wavelength the gain spectrum was plotted from. In the case of our default component the text file gives the normalized Raman gain.

If you have the Raman Gain Efficiency all you need to do is include the text file with the Raman Gain Efficiency as a function of frequency offset from the pump.

If you have any questions let me know!

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Andres, ususally articles report the reference at 1000nm.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.