Home Forums FDTD About layout

About layout

(joined September 2014)
Participant

Hi,
Thanks for you earlier reply. I’ve a simple design for a learning purpose where Si is a substrate and on top of it gold nanoparticle. I want to check the light absorption enhancement of silicon due to SPR of gold nanoparticles which will reflect in its DRS SPECTRA. Is the layout design is right so that i can see enhanced EM field in Si under the gold nanoparticle in 2d or 3d graphical simulation and whose power spectrum gives me the exact nature of radiation absorption.

Attachments:

Responses (2):

Hi,
      Thanks for you earlier reply. I’ve a simple design for a learning purpose where Si is a substrate and on top of it gold nanoparticle. I want to check the light absorption enhancement of silicon due to SPR of gold nanoparticles which will reflect in its DRS SPECTRA. Is the layout design is right so that i can see enhanced EM field in Si under the gold nanoparticle in 2d or 3d graphical simulation and whose power spectrum gives me the exact nature of radiation absorption.

Attachments:
      Profile Photo
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

The silicon under the particle is not thick enough, look at the 3D editor. The nanoparticle is sitting on the edge which is not what a silicon wafer would look like. Unless this is what you are interested in.

Regards

Hi,
      Thanks for you reply..

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.