Home Forums FDTD About Drawing nanorods

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Zhong Mei
      Participant

As i learned from the DEMO given by your company, I know that a gold nanorod is composed of three parts: two spheres and one cylinder. Using this method, i can draw vertical or horizontal gold nanorod sitting on substrates. But what can I do if I want a gold nanorod sitting on the substrate with a tilt angle (0<angle<90 degree). If I set a Azimuth degree for the cylinder, the position of the spheres is hard to set, as shown in the attached file. Could someone help me?

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Zhong,

There is a bit of added complexity here with the multiple objects, but a simple trigonometric calculation can locate the center points for your spheres. In this case, the center offset could be calculated as (sin(30)*lengthCyl/2).

Since you are already using user variables you could automate this process, and automatically calculate the center points for multiple angles.

Regards,
      Damian

Zhong Mei
      Participant

Hi Damian,

Yes, your calculation is right. But I cannot input sin(30) since 30 is the degree, i try input π/6 instead. The system cannot recognize that. 🙁

Damian Marek
        Participant

Try making a new parameter called “pi” and then assigning the numeric value of pi. You can then use “pi” in any of your calculations.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.