Home Forums GENERAL A problem in display

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alvin
      Participant

Hi,
      I find there is a promble in display when I use the software such as optisystem,optibpm or optigrating. It cannot display full words in some dialog boxes.The attachment shows clearly.My computer system is XP .My system language is chinese and the default font is SongTi(a chinese font).I have tried to change the default font to Tehoma or Times News Roman .But it failed and things was even worse.I find the same problem in optibpm 9 and optibpm 12.So I guess you may still not be aware of the problem.Maybe most users use english system but it is a troublesome problem for other language uses.I hope it can be fixed in the next version.

Attachments:
      Tech Support
      Participant

The described issue is rare. It may affect language-specific operating systems (typically Chinese, Japanese, some European) which use pictographic fonts and is Windows Theme dependent. It results from a bug in Microsoft libraries and improper rendering/mapping of the font by the operating system.

The issue is extremely difficult to replicate because it may affect just a particular machine. Another computer configured in exactly the same way would work fine. Most of the time, it affects laptops which contain platform specific, proprietary components and their drivers.

To mitigate the issue, we would suggest making changes to one of the following:

– System fonts
      Try different font sizes. Sometimes adjusting font advanced settings helps.

– Themes
      Very often changing the system theme and its miscellaneous options helps

If changing one of the above doesn’t resolve the issue, try their combinations. Unfortunately, there are many different variants and combinations of the options. It is impossible to determine which ones would work in particular cases.

Alvin
        Participant

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately,it seems it doesn’t work. I wonder whether the computer system you tested is a complete Chinese system.I mean,is it an English system with a Chinese language package or a system installed by a Chinese Windows XP CD? Results may differ.Even if my system is somehow special,I still confuse why only the optiwave softwares have the problem, while other software like Rsoft displays properly as the attachment shows.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.