Home Forums SYSTEM 90 degree hybrid coupler

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all, I need to design a 90 degree hybrid coupler in optical domain having 2 input and 4 output port. the phase of the output 4 signal are 45, 135. -45, -135 degree. please help.

With regards,
      Dhiman kakati

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Here I have attached a 90-degree optical hybrid created by two 180-degree optical hybrids. You have probably seen this in coherent optical structure. The phases in the outputs have the difference as you have stated, but I don’t know about the first input phase being 45 degrees (maybe using a 45 degree phase shift before the first input?).

Regards

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Alistu has shown a good method for making a 90 degree hybrid. There is also a stock component called “90 Degree Optical Hybrid” that you can find in the receivers library.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks alistu..I will definitely implement it…

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Dhiman. Actually if I knew about the component being there in the library, I would have suggested using that.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear alistu, I think there is no inbuilt component in library.
      So better to use the design you have provided.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

I don’t know for which versions this component is available, or which version you have access to, but you can find the component Damian suggested in the “receivers library”, in “optical receivers” folder in version 13. The component is named “90 degree optical hybrid”. If you look at the help section, you’ll see the layout is the same as the one I have suggested here.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Yes its there as you mentioned. Thank you.

Subhash Arya
      Participant

Dear Dhiman,
      I have used the 90 degree hybrid coupler as given in the receiver block in the DP-MSK system, but still I am not finding the correct constellation diagram and hence eye diagram.
      Thanks to Alistu and Damian for their kind help regarding 90 degree hybrid optical coupler.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Sir I am also trying the same. Hope to get result soon.

With regards
      Dhiman Kakati

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.