Home Forums SYSTEM 8CH WDM system design

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hoat Le
      Participant

8-channel WDM design each channe result BER =10^-12 .I want to reduce FWM in this system . what is solution to this problem?

Attachments:
      Hoat Le
      Participant

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Hoat,

Can you explain your problem a little bit more?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Hoat,

As well as Sasha, I am wondering what is the main purpose of your experiment and its final goal. It is known that, in general, you can reduce a FWM effect in your system by changing (decreasing) the power at the input of the channel: the FWM effect should vanish for the value of this power at about 2 dBm. The other way of FWM reduction is reducing of the non-linear coefficient of your optical fiber (you can do it going to fiber parameters).

Ravil
      Participant

Another ways to reduce FWM effect are the increment of the effective area of your optical fiber, which, in its turn will decrease the non-linear coefficient or increase the spacing between the spectral channels (if it is applicable in your case). I would also like you to take a look at one of the Optiwave examples that describes the properties of FWM: https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-effects-of-cross-phase-modulation-xpm-and-four-wave-mixing-fwm/.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Hoat, I think that, first of all, you should wonder if FWM is really a limiting factor in your system. You can understand that, for example, by running the same simulation with only half of the channels and see if the BER is the same.

Hoat Le
      Participant

Hi Ravil . I am using hybrid modulator . It use to combine dual-drive Mach-zenhder modulator with optical amplitude modulator in optisystem 7.0! Who has any idea for solution above ?

Hoat Le
      Participant

Hi alessandro festa ! yes ! I’ve run with four channel system . what do you have new idea for reduce FWM ?

Hoat Le
      Participant

Ravil , i’m researching techniques of this paper .http://www.ripublication.com/irph/ijeee_spl/ijeeev7n2_01.pdf
      please ! who can explain techniques in this paper ? I am researching Intermediate level FWM reduction techniques .
      In block diagram of hybrid modulator , Modulator 1 is Dual -MZM and modulator 2 is AM modulator .
      what is functions of Dual-MZM and AM modulator in this paper ?. Difference between blocks ” input ” of dual-MZM and AM modulator .

Ravil
      Participant

Hello Hoat,

Just for my information and understanding, did your FWM effect reduce when you reduced the number of channels, according to the recommendation of Alessandro? Intermediate level FWM reduction techniques is a very interesting topic, let me check your paper and I will get back to you in accordance with your follow-up questions.

Hoat Le
      Participant

thank you !hope to have been of help .

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.