Home Forums SYSTEM 67% RZ dpsk

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Hi
      Is 67% RZ-DPSK signal same as CSRZ-DPSK Signal ??
      Thank you

alistu
      Participant

Hi Debanjan,

They are not the same. I found the following explanation on difference between RZ and CSRZ quite useful:

Carrier suppressed return to zero (CSRZ) is the advanced modulation format used in optical communication.The difference between CSRZ and conventional RZ is that the CSRZ signal has the ‘π’ phase shift between adjacent bits. This phase alternation, in the optical domain, produces no DC component; thus, there is no carrier component for CSRZ.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi,

I found an interesting article at this link (http://ee.stanford.edu/~jmk/pubs/RZ.PSD.JLT.pdf) saying that 67% RZ and CSRZ are the same…

alistu
        Participant

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for correcting my mistake. My answer was in a general sense and I hadn’t noticed “67%” in Debanjan’s statement. But thanks for pointing it out.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

You are welcome Alitsu. I actually was not aware of this before reading the article I linked!

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

Thank you both of you.
      I have one more confusion..i have one example in .osd of 66% RZ dpsk. Is it same as 67% RZ dpsk??

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

Hi Denanjan,

you are welcome! I suppose the example with 66% is the same as 67%…this modulation is actually 2/3 which can be approximated with 66% or 67%!

Best Regards,

Alessandro

Debanjan Sarkar
      Participant

thank you. and what about 66% dpsk and 67% rz dpsk .are they same? can any one suggest me any paper or book so that i clear my doubt regarding these things?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Debanjan,

They are not necessarily the same. 66% DPSK can be using any return-to-zero modulation format such as RZ and CSRZ as far as I am concerned. I suggest you study the basic concept and the definition of these signal formats to better understand their differences. For example, you can go with the paper “Advanced modulation formats for fiber optic communication systems” by Mauro and go through the references if necessary, or you can simply google each format.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I am sorry, i did not read carefully that yoy meant 66 dpsk and 67 RZ dpsk…I apoligize for my answer.

Regards,

Alessandro

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

let me differentiate 66%rz-dpsk and 67%CSRZ-dpsk for u.

66%rz-dpsk: means that the duty cycle of return to zero (RZ) modulation format is 66%.hence we can have N%rz-dpsk depending on duty cycle of RZ data format.

CSRZ-dpsk:means the amount of the carrier that is suppressed in the process of modulation.67%CSRZ-dpsk thus means that carrir is suppressed by 67% of its original strength.

thus these are completely opposite of one another.

with regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I think both are different 67% rz DPSK means duty cycle of RZ is 67% but In CSRZ carrier is suppressed and rz having 50% duty cycle.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.