Home Forums GENERAL 64-qam

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      karthikeyan ravi
      Participant

here i upload 16-qam CO-OFDM system. but i tried to put 64-qam and 256-qam. i did not produce significant result. pls provide useful post to me.
      thanking you all

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi zulkarnain,
      please read the query of karthikan ravi, he has attached .osd file and he he needs help in that regards, i think he is well aware of theoretical aspects of the QAM and OFDM.

i have not acess to software this time but i will try to fiqure that soon about the problem in your .osd file

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

hello ravi,
      well i can’t access your osd file right now but could you please tell that do you vary any of the parameters of any component, the symbol rate, bandwidth of the filters or any other component while changing your modulation schemes???
      I would want you to look at the link that i am posting below. You might find this link helpful.

Coherent Optical OFDM

regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi aasif..
      Actually i have access to software only during lab hours. That is why i uploaded some theoretical posts which i find useful for the topic.
      Hopefully i will look into this tommorrow.
      regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi ravi,
      To make 64 and 256 QAM OFDM modulation first you have take 6 bits(2^6=64) and 8 bits(2^8=256) in QAM modulator and then proceed further and make necessary changes to have expected results.

hi all,
        ranjeet is right. You need take to first take necessary parameters into consideration like number of bits in modulator etc before moving from 16-QAM to 64-QAM or 256- QAM. There are few variation in parameters required. I will attach an osd file which would definitely give u an idea hw to proceed and make necessary changes in ur network.
        thanks and regards

karthikeyan ravi
      Participant

hi every one,
      thanks for the reply. i tried to change the parameter like 6 and 8 bit per symbol at the QAM modulator and demodulator. that file 16QAM modulator MIN BER value quite well at the datarate upto 40Gb/s the distance maximum 100km with 10GHz carrier frequency. but 64 & 256QAM MIN BER cant found margin value.

pls post necessary one.

karthikeyan ravi
      Participant

hi………. everyone, if anyone idea about 64&256 qam modulation parameter. i attached already, i need suitable reply for that, i did not produce significant result. pls provide useful post to me.
      thanking you all

hosam hussen
      Participant

i have the same problem

rawa muayad mahmood
      Participant

Can anyone help with the setting of 64QAM? how can I calculate the BER from the 46QAM system? I try the test BER set but still did not get the results.

rawa muayad mahmood
      Participant

Can anyone help with the setting of 64QAM? how can I calculate the BER from the 46QAM system? I try the test BER set but still did not get the results.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.