Home Forums SYSTEM 60 GHz Radio signal

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi All,
      I want to produce a 60 GHz radio signal in electrical domain which can be further used to modulate optical carrier i.e. light using QPSK modulation scheme and the then transmit it to receiver end over fiber in short basically Radio over Fiber (RoF). So how to generate the signal i.e. 60 GHz radio signal.

Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

The Bandwidth of the generated signal very much depends on the bit rate of the pseudo random bit sequence generator (or any other components used for this purpose), as well as the modulation scheme (which you have already chosen). Now that you have chosen the scheme, you can do as I said if bandwidth is the main focus, and not the bit rate.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Alistu, Do i need to set in both i.e. pseudo random bit sequence generator and in Modulation scheme so how to set in the case of modulation scheme which i am not getting. Suppose I am doing the modulation in optical domain, then how to do this in optical domain, will it be same as that of CW laser source that I am using for the design at the transmitter side. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
      Dhiman

alistu
        Participant

You have clearly stated in your post question that you’d like to have a signal with 60 GHz bandwidth, so I gave the above suggestion. If you wish to do the signal modulation in optical domain, you may use the OSA to observe the spectrum and decide on the bit rate of the signal based on the bandwidth.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Hi Alistu, I agree to you that I had asked the question ” want to produce a 60 GHz radio signal in electrical domain” and you stated accordingly, Highly appreciate that. and I will see in case of optical domain as you have suggested. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
          Dhiman

alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome. I hope I have also addressed the first part of your question in reply #28576.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.