Home Forums SYSTEM 4B5B

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      KSV
      Participant

Hello all,
      I tried to send a 4B5B sequence to fiber. At the receiver I didn’t get the decoded signal after PIn photodiode. Please suggest me some solutions. And can u suggest me some ways to convert the signal form the Photodiode to binary in some way so that I can get the desired output same as the input.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Vetrivel,

You don’t need those NRZ I coders so I took them out. I fixed it by setting the Data Recovery component to better options after the encoding to 4B5B the bit rate changes (look at the time domain), so in the Recovery I set it to the correct value (1.25*Bit rate) I also eyeballed the delay and compensated for it in with a couple nanoseconds.

Regards

Attachments:
      KSV
      Participant

Hi Damien,

I replaced the encoder with 8B10B and corrected the bit rate changes. At the receiver I’m not getting the desired signal.

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Hey,

Seems like there is a bug with the 8B10B Sequence Generator as it is not modifying the bit rate in a proper fashion. This will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

KSV
      Participant

Hey,

I tried with Pseudo Sequence Generator can u check whether the bit rate is changed in a proper way. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.