Home Forums SYSTEM 4APSK signal

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      boldoo
      Participant

how to figure out clear 4APSK constellation diagram?
      I’m trying to do it as attached file. but not succeeded.

Can you give me advice or suggestion? And my drawn DPMZM is correct?

The two sub-modulators of the DPMZM are biased at null point. Can it generate two BPSK signals with unequal amplitude?
      if no, can you give advice?

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Boldoo,

I biased the signal at 4 V on both arms and provided a electrical gain of 2. In the attached file you will see the constellation diagram at the output which determines that is is working properly.

It isn’t clear to me what you mean by two BPSK signals with unequal amplitudes. Could you attach an article or a plot of the waveform?

Regards

Attachments:
      boldoo
      Participant

Hi Damian,

thank you very much your reply.
      My purpose is generate 4 APSK signal according to a paper.

about two BPSK: there are 2 MZM in 1026edit.osd file. I wanna to check output constellation for each MZM.

I have one paper about this:
      “The two sub-modulators of the DPMZM are biased at null point and driven by 10G Data1 and Data2, respectively, to generate two BPSK signals with unequal amplitudes. The two BPSK signals are then constructively added by adjusting Bias-C such that a 4APSK signal can be obtained.”

So, how to check BPSK signals with unequal amplitudes in 1026edit.osd file?

I’m looking forward your reply.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Ok I understand the constellation diagram, still not sure exactly how to built the modulator. It should be possible to build this, do you have a diagram of how they set up their modulators and biasing? Do you have a link to the article?

Thanks

boldoo
          Participant

HI Damian,

I have not link of this article.but I can write down text in here.

“The Continuous wave is 4APSK modulated by a DPMZM, in particular, the two sub-modulators of the DPMZM are biased at null point and driven by 10Gbit/s Data1 and Data2, respectively, to generate two BPSK signals with unequal amplitudes.The two BPSK signals are then constructively added by adjusting Bias-C such that a 4APSK signal can be obtained”

Can it help you make built modulator? I’m still trying to it in 1026edit.osd file. but not succeeded.

Damian Marek
          Participant

Hi boldoo,

I believe I did it, although I’m not entirely sure if it is the same design, but the results are the same. To make the unequal amplitudes I introduced an insertion loss on one of the modulators. I’m not sure how they did it in their design.

Cheers

Attachments:
          boldoo
          Participant

Dear Damian,

you’re right. It is perfect. I have a question. these MZMs are peak point? or null point?

what is push-pull point? is it different with peak or null?

Damian Marek
          Participant

I have biased the MZM’s at peak point. I am not familiar with the push-pull point, but perhaps it is the same as quadrature point? If so it is the DC point that will give a 90 degree phase shift, so Vpi/2. Peak point is 0 Volt, null point is Vpi and quadrature is at Vpi/2.

Cheers

boldoo
      Participant

4 APSK constellation diagram should be like this fig.

Attachments:
      siva rama krishna
      Participant

Hi boldoo,

I thinsk this is the paper from here you want to implement.

siva rama krishna
      Participant

attachment

siva rama krishna
      Participant
      boldoo
      Participant

thanks sir

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.