Home Forums SYSTEM 40 gbps TWDM PON .osd file ( optisystem:13)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      gulkaran bajwa
      Participant

need .osd file of 40 Gbps TWDM PON

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi gulkaran,
      I don’t think you can get a ready made 40 Gbps TWDM-PON. you can develop your own 40 Gbps by modifying your previous TWDM- PON system if you have any.
      For your reference please follow the link where a simple TWDM-PON has been designed in optiwave 7.

hope it may help.
      Regards

+1
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi gulkaran,
      I don’t think you can get a ready made 40 Gbps TWDM-PON. you can develop your own 40 Gbps by modifying your previous TWDM- PON system if you have any.
      For your reference please follow the link where a simple TWDM-PON has been designed in optiwave 7.

TWDM PON

hope it may help.
      Regards

+3
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Gulkaran,

On a step by step procedure, you can implement the system you have in mind. First of all, you need to implement the overall structure using screen shots I attached in the other forum. Then you need to troubleshoot the system to work fine. Finally, you can change the bit rate in layout parameters and change any other corresponding WDM filter bandwidth if necessary.

Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi Alistu,
        You are right he needs to go step by step and remodel any existing WDM system to get what he is desiring for. Is there any existing TWDM-PON osd file in the examples in the optisystem sample files? I have not noticed one. Please if you find any developed by optiwave itself then upload the osd file here. Thanks

Regards

+2
          alistu
          Participant

Hi Aabid,

There are no examples of TWDM PON in OptiSystem samples as far as I am concerned. However, I addressed a page last week where Gulkaran was able to find the TWDM files and make the necessary changes. I also attached some screen shots with the help of which Gulkaran is able to implement downlink and uplink separately.

It should be noted that the most of TWDM files attached in the fourms may not work fine, but they can be useful to researchers to start their work with.

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Alistu,
          I just asked about it to be sure if there are anyway. No doubt, the osd files here indeed are very very helpful for researchers.
          I hope in next updated sample files we find a few examples on TWDM systems as well. It will definitely be very helpful.
          Thank you anyways.
          regards

+2
          alistu
          Participant

You’re welcome. I really hope so too.

Regards

gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

I just dont understand how to reach 40gbps if i am using each OLT with 10gbps my signal distort but ok with 2.5 gbps each

Aabid Baba
          Participant

hi gulkaran,
          You are doing it right. In the downstream are you using AWG bidirectional Mux/Demux?
          I suggest you to use simple WDM MUx/Demux separately for your upstream and downstream respectively and try using fabry parrot filters in the optical domain instead of low pass bessel filters. Also try to use Optical amplifiers with gain output. I hope it will help.

Regards

+2
          gulkaran bajwa
          Participant

Thanks aabid it works but Q factor drops from 60 to 2.5 aprox for 40gbps
          i have some queries
          1. In this TWDM PON (NGPON2) with 40gbps down and 10 gbps up we have to use only 1:64 splitter only or we can reduce as per our requirements?
          2. where should i put amplifier for gain( mean to say before it fed to fiber or with fiber) and which one works better in bidirectional fiber except raman amplifier with pump laser?
          3. As per NGPON2 standards it provide service to 128 ONUs acc to my info so how we use the combination of splitter like first use 1:8 splitter then with its first slot use 1:16 splitter or just use one splitter any of them (i am using only 4ONUs)
          THanks BRo

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hi gulkaran,
          you are welcome.
          To your first query , you can reduce no.of spliters to a number till it serves your requirement and purpose. You should try to get better results first and then go for optimization.
          Secondly, just place the amplifier after fiber in downstream and before fiber in upstream. here i would like to mention it is not recommended anywhere but i have observed better results doing so.
          p.s : use optical amplifiers in both directions.
          Lastly, i would like to say that i am not aware about your design implementation , so i am not able to figure out what you mean.

Regards

+4
          Aabid Baba
          Participant

Also i had asked if you are using AWG MUx/Demux or conventional MUX/DEMUX in downstream and upstream. you did not mention it.
          Anyway, i would still suggest replacing AWG Mux/demux with conventional mux/demux (if so) because i have found performance to improve using conventional mux instead of AWG mux. But i know you will have to configure your design but atleast you can try.Hope it helps.

Regards

+4
        gulkaran bajwa
        Participant

hi alistu,

I am confused about what should i add in downstream of TWDM so that it can handle 40gbps if i use to increase bit rate above 2.5 gbps it starts distorting output

alistu
          Participant

The most important thing is to see whether your system is implemented correctly or not. In order for me to do the checking, please upload the .osd implementation. I will analyze the system and make the necessary changes if it is possible, and tell you about them (since you are using an older version).

Regards

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Gulkaran,
          please you may upload your sod file so that we could troubleshoot it. It is not helping this way. We could only give you suggestions what to do this way. If you are okay with uploading your osd file , then it will definitely help. I hope your problem gets solved as soon as possible.
          Regards

+6
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I am here uploading TWDMPON Osd file.

Attachments:
      dinesh chauhan
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet ,

your TWDM file is not working in optisys 14 ,can you upload new .

MEET KUMARI
      Participant

Sir can you send me the snapshot of bidirectional twdm pon design in optisystem ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.