Home Forums GENERAL 3D model import

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mayank Maurya
      Participant

Hi, i am new user of optiwave system. My question is whether is it possible to import 3D model designed in Solidworks/COMSOL into Optiwave?

Scott Newman

Hello Mayank,

This partly depends on which Optiwave product you are asking about. I am going to assume you are asking about either OptiBPM or OptiFDTD, both of which support importing DXF and GDSII file formats.

Scott

Mayank Maurya
      Participant

Can we descale the size of the model while importing or after in optiFDTD?

Scott Newman

Can you clarify what file format you are using? Are you looking to import 3D models (IGES file formation) or mask imports (DXF and GDSII)?

Scott

Mayank Maurya
      Participant

Hi, i am looking to import 3D model of a simple plasmonic filter (though not in IGES) and perform white light simulation on it. If you could refer me something for it that would be great

Scott Newman

Mayank, I need you to answer my format question before I can answer. What format is your 3D model being stored in?

Scott

Mayank Maurya
      Participant

I designed it in COMSOL, so it is in .mph format

Scott Newman

Mayank,

That would be a proprietary COMSOL format and as such not something we can import. Looking at their specifications chart the CAD Import Module and Design Modules can both write to the IGES format and the standard COMSOL Multiphysics can write to STL files which using 3rd party tools can be converted to IGES.

Scott

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.