Home Forums GENERAL 32QAM low BER value

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lukas Koritar
      Participant

Hi,
      I am trying to make non coherent 32QAM moduloation for FSO (I have attached the file) but value of BER is too low (0,5) and eye diagram seems strange. I’m amateur with Optiwave, so I don’t know where can be mistakes. Could you help me, please? Thank you.
      Reagards
      Lukas

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Lukas,
      What power have you taken for transmission in your system. As far as i know the power required for transmission has to be very high because of the surroundings in which the optical signals have to travel wirelessly. I cannot open the file right now because we have access to tool in working hours only so i would suggest you to look at the power.
      regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Also i would suggest you to increase the symbol rate in the simulation layout parameters (keep it more than the bit rate itself). Improvise use of components like increase bandwidth of MUX, filters if you are using any. For your convenience i will attach a link which you can refer to and simulate accordingly. Hope it helps.
      http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/newslog/Free+Space+Optics+Standards+Start.aspx
      Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Kukas,
      Use BER nalyser in place of BER test set and i think to increase BER you should decrease the no. of bits in QAM. You should also vary the Laser power in order to optimize the results.

Tanveer
      Participant

hi Lukas,,,,
      the osd file you have attached seems to have some problem while opening in my optisystem 14, however it is not showing any error messages the optysystem, it opens and then closes by itself…
      with regards

Lukas Koritar
        Participant

Hello Tanveer,
        I have attached osd file again below. Is it working now?
        Regards

Attachments:
        Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi tanveer,
        It works fine with optisystem 14.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

hi tanveer,
      As mentioned by abid it works fine with optisystem 14

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.