Home Forums FDTD 2D Transverse Input amplitude mismatch

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shubham Horh
      Participant

Hi Sir,
      I am giving Input Field amplitude of 0.1589 but my Input Field amplitude when checked in observation line which is kept at Input Plane is 0.0124216. Why I am getting this difference?

Attachments:
      Shubham Horh
      Participant

I have attached my OptiFDTD Designer and OptiFDTD Analyzer file. Please check it.

Damian Marek
      Participant

The number of time steps is most likely not large enough for the optical signal to reach the detector. Place an Observation Point at the same distance and view the time domain signal. The gaussian pulse should be completely recorded, if not increase the number of time steps in the simulation settings to allow the simulation to run longer.

Damian

Shubham Horh
      Participant

Sir,

With the help of observation point, i verified my gaussian pulse have crossed the end of waveguide as shown below.
      Also I have checked by increasing time steps. Still the mismatch is observed.

Shubham

Attachments:
      Shubham Horh
      Participant

Sir,

Below shown is my input pulse when my observation line coincide with Input Plane Source. As this is sine modulated gaussian pulse, it varies with time. Is the observation line showing instantaneous amplitude or maximum amplitude? If it is showing instantaneous amplitude is there any way to see maximum amplitude?

Shubham

Attachments:
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.