Home Forums SYSTEM 2d graph

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      feras
      Participant

hello every body
      ho we can draw a graph between tow parameter in the simulation , for example i want to see the relationship between fiber length and the BER , and the relationship between the transmitter power and the BER or the Q-factor , and how we can see the EVM in the simulation . please if can anybody help me in this topic and give me mor information about drawing graphs and results comparing. thank you very much .

alistu
      Participant

Hi Feras,

In order to do so, you have to put a parameter value on sweep mode (for example the fiber length) and choose the iteration values, do the simulation and then using project browser and the report page in OptiSystem, draw the graph. Here is the link to an example with full details provided by Optiwave:

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

Regards

feras
        Participant

thank you very much alistu for your interested , actually i tried to use sweep iteration but the simulation was run for one sweep and when it move to run the next sweep it give me error and stop calculating , i tried to put 5 iteration in fiber length and BER but only one sweep work
        thank you

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Feras,
      I think there is no such option to plot a 2D graph as you mentioned in optisystem, i did it manually, for the first issue you have mentioned here suppose you want to plot fiber length along X-Axis and Log(BER) along Y-Axis then you take some discrete value of fiber and find the Log(BER) by running simulation and in this way make a table then make a table in Microsoft Excel and there you will find a option for plotting graph and directly the graph will be plotted. This is what I did in my previous research paper. There may be some other easy way. Thanking you.

Regards,
      Dhiman

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,

Please refer to the link I have introduced in my above comment which is an example of using sweep iterations for such purposes. Parameters for which you can use sweep mode can be used this way as far as I know, and you can choose them in project browser in report page and draw the graph you want.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Thank you so much Alistu, I will try to follow when I will get my next system design will be complete. I think the process you have mentioned will be easier.

Regards,
          Dhiman

feras
        Participant

hi dhiman,
        thank you very much for your interested , but as alistu say there is away to draw the graph in optisystem by using sweep mode , but i am facing a problem in run the all sweep in the simulation
        regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.