Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      boldoo
      Participant

Dear all,

how to draw clear 2ASK ?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Couldn’t you use a simple externally modulated laser for ASK? I don’t believe you need a coherent type setup. If not could you attach an article or explanation of 2ASK?

Thanks

Ravil
      Participant

I agree with Damian, regular 2ASK format doesn’t require coherent detection (can’t open your scheme for some reason…)

boldoo
      Participant

Hi

need change Receiver? then how to see 2ASK constellation map?

But if it is succeeded, I will add phase modulation, fiber and QAM receiver. My final aim is square-16QAM constellation.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Wouldn’t a simple NRZ signal be considered 2ASK? If so I think the constellation diagram would be as simple as the one attached. The signal varies between two values 1 and 0 and the phase is always the same.

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

NRZ and RZ format just defines the bit interval duration and in my opinion 2 of them can be used for 2ASK.

Ravil
      Participant

The presented constellation diagram belongs to ASK, I think. For 2ASK we should have 2 different values of amplitudes on axis if I’m not mistaken…

Damian Marek
        Participant

Ok, but then that would be exactly the same as BPSK, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Boldoo let us know what constellation diagram you want. If it is what Ravil suggested then you could simply use a 2-QAM or BPSK modulator.

boldoo
      Participant

Dears, since I need to draw 16QAM constellation, I asked about 2ASK. then I drew attached fig.

is it 16QAM right? there is any requirement?

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Boldoo,

That looks exactly like 16-QAM glad we could help. In this case you could have used our QAM components to create the constellation diagram, but nevertheless it indeed looks correct.

Cheers!

boldoo
      Participant

thanks Damian,

now that 16QAM pass through fibers, constellation is rotated as certain phase. but i can’t fix this to correct phase. You can see another post of mine.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.