Home Forums SYSTEM 16 ch wdm system

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lavanya krishnan
      Participant

I design a 16 channel 10Gbps wdm system.in that design when I plot a curve between span-length and q-factor I got maximum q-factor 3.3
      which far less than acceptable level. normally a system has a q-factor of 6-9 .can anyone help me to increase q factor?

Attachments:
      Hoat Le
      Participant

I don’t open your file because i’m using optisystem 7.0 .But you can refer my file .

Attachments:
        san lymit
        Participant

Dear,

Refer to your result, what is DCF? it is not optical fiber?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Hoat,

I have also used DCF about two weeks ago in order to improve this system performance, but it did not have any remarkable change (it is good other people like you would also give it a try though). I have also reduced the lasers linewidth to smaller yet common values, it did not even make any significant change.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

load again

alistu
      Participant

Hi San,

DCF or Dispersion Compensating Fiber is also a part of an optical fiber, but the function is to compensate for the dispersion. The dispersion is an accumulative parameter, so if the dispersion is 16 per kilometer, for example, and the fiber is 5km long, using a DCF of 1 km with a dispersion of -80 per kilometer would compensate the dispersion:

5×16 + (-80) = 0

Regards

san lymit
      Participant

Dear alistu,

Where can I find DCF?

Regard,

alistu
        Participant

You can easily change the settings of a SMF with regard to the main SMF fiber in your system (the one you want to compensate the dispersion of) the way I have told you above. Please, take a look at the file attached by Hoat. Click on the fibers and see the dispersion parameters on the “dispersion” tab for both fibers and compare the values to realize how to use a fiber as a DCF. In case you have more questions, you are welcome to ask.

Regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.