Home Forums SYSTEM 100 gb/s using PM-QPSK modulation design optical fiber transmission network

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi, I’m Feng Wenhui college students from China.I’m learning to use optisystem this software.I have been a regular WDM optical fiber transmission system, also studied the coherent reception.I want to learn the 100 gb/s PM-QPSK modulation of optical fiber transmission system.At the same time I also doing research in this field.Because not familiar with using this software, so I want to ask you about 100 gb/s optical fiber transmission system.Have the following requirements:
      1.Based on the designed optisystem13.0 version.
      2.The receiving system using the DSP technology.
      3.Speed up to 100 gb/s, and need is PM-QPSK modulation and demodulation.
      It is best to have the process and parameters, thank you so much.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi wenhui feng,

I am answering your questions in the order you asked them. Since you are learning how to use OptiSystem, I would recommend you the following link first “100 Gbps DP-QPSK System with Digital Signal Processing” (https://optiwave.com/applications/100-gbps-dp-qpsk-system-with-digital-signal-processing/). It runs in 12 and 13 versions of the software. The DSP techniques is described briefly there. PM-QPSK modulation and demodulation are the essential components of the scheme.

Ravil
      Participant

For further reading (if you would like to get a better understanding), I can recommend you the paper of X. Liu, S. Chandrasekhar and J. Winzer “DSP Techniques Enabling Multi-Tb/s Superchannel Transmission”. It has a good general overview of DSP architecture as well as all building blocks of it. At the same time, it has many useful references for details (depens on what you are more interested in). Unfortunately, I can’t upload it due to copyright rules and regulations…

wenhui feng
      Participant

Dear Ravil

Thank you for your help
      Can you tell me where I can find to the “DSP Techniques Enabling Multi-Tb/s Superchannel Transmission”?
      In addition,I mainly want to study PM-QPSK modulation transmitter, can you help me?

wenhui feng
      Participant

Dear Ravil

Can you send the paper for email to me?
      My email:595858648@qq.com
      Thank you very much!

Ravil
      Participant

Hi wenhui feng,

This paper is from IEEE Signal Processing Magazine. You can get it throw IEEE Library. I referred it to you as a good source of general knowledge. There are many papers you can find about PM-QPSK in that library as well. In general, it comes from well-known from electrical communications QPSK technique (you should be able to find the description of it in any telecom textbook if you need), which is being applied for 2 polarizations of optical signal. Please, check your email.

Ravil
      Participant

It was one of the first papers that considered Optical QPSK in details. In my opinion, it is good for main understanding. As I mentioned before, there are many papers, which are related to different aspect of Optical QPSK technique application, were published after that (mostly in IEEE and Lightwave journals).

wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi Ravil

I have a simulation file, but let me not satisfied, the results of simulation out mostly poor eye diagram and bit error rate is too high, the transmission effect is bad, can you help me to look at my argument? Or you can help me to modify it?
      Really thank you very much!

wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi Ravil

This is the simulation file.
      Once again, thank you.

wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi Ravil

You send me email I ordered doesn’t open link, I want to upload a file, but don’t know why I can’t upload, I met some simulation problem, I would like to ask you, can we use email?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Wenhui,

What type of file are you trying to attach? Can you email it to me at:

damian.marek@optiwave.com

so that I can try uploading it, in case it is a bug.

Regards

wenhui feng
          Participant

Hi Marek

I send you eamil is always be returned, what reason is this?

Damian Marek
          Participant

I don’t know, what about attaching the file via dropbox or google drive?

wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi Ravil

Do you know where digital to analog converter(ADC) in Optisystem? I can’t find.

wenhui feng
      Participant

Hi Alessandro

Do you know where the polarization beam splitter can find?
      Thank you very much!

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi you can access the documents ,provided by optiwave.You will find every component you want or your system.Also you will get some extra content to read about components also.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.