Home Forums SYSTEM 10 gbps vs 40 gbps

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hello, i have designed a 16 channel WDM system with narrow channel spacing of 25 Ghz using IM/DD formats . when i run the system the eye diagram , Q factor received at the receiver are well above 6 and clear for different input powers but if same system is run at 40 Gbps Q factor falls to orderof 1-2 and no clear eye opening is obtained. i have tried changing order of filter, noise values but unable to improve in optisystem. pls tell me what changes at receiver have to be made incase data rate is increased including that of WDM Demultiplexer, and Optical receiver

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Gagan
      Since you are getting goodresults at 10 Gbps,your system works fine. Now the problem you are facing of not getting Q factor in acceptable limits
      at 40 Gbps.
      Now can you attach simulation file you have made for better understanding of the problem.

1. Have you used EDFA in system
      2. Try for less distance as with the increase of data rate, quality decreases and BER increases.
      3. Try for 50GHz or 100GHz at 40 Gbps . It you get results then it means this much speed is not suported at 25 GHz. If you have any base paper then share its link.
      4.How much input power you are using, because it intiate nonlinear effects
      5. Are you using c Band or any other band
      6. Is there DCF for dispersion companstion
      7. Bandwidth of mux demux
      These are basic questions however if you can share file then thats very good to know real problem.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

Your work is possible as other scholars achieved even more channels and data rate recently.
      These are some recent papers links

http://inpressco.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Paper524047-4051.pdf
      https://www.ijedr.org/papers/IJEDR1503023.pdf

http://www.ijser.in/archives/v3i5/IJSER15151.pdf

Study them and you will get some information and you will face any problem then let me know.

Regards

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi Sam thank u for answering my query ..it is very imp to me….my last part of research. so i will not share the design but yes i will tell u the relevant information
      1i have no EDFA used i am using some other paarmetric amplifier
      2. i am using transmission distance of 50 km SMF fiber span only
      3.yes my channel spacing is narrow this is the difference from papers u have sent..
      4. for 16 channel system total WDM txr power is 0 dbm
      5. yes its c band
      6.yes it is using DCF
      7. Mux used is ideal so no settings but demux BW is 12 GHz for 25 GHz channel spacing
      pls guide me further…my regards to u bye

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

in the meantime i too will try and increase channel spacing upto 50 Ghz and chevk…

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

hi sam i have another query regarding BER… if suppose my BER analyzer is showing BER well below 10^-9 but using OSNR values measured by dual port WDM analyzer i get very gppd BER of the order of 10^-30 ..using the empirical formula. what BER values are right… is it okay if i give my results according to WDM analyzer calculated BER for a WDM system.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.