Home Forums GENERAL what the relation between the bit rate of data and the bit rate of simulation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi,
      if we assigned value for bit rate in global parameters, it is by default chosen for all of the PRBS generators which use script mode to determine bit rate this action is required? now we chose the nomal mode and we choose different values for the two bit rate its possible? if oui what the relation between the two bit rate?
      regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gherbi,

You can either use the default script mode (which may be the case with many simulations where all users have the same bit rate according to standards for example) or you can use normal mode and enter another value, or even use script mode but in a way that a different value from the global bit rate value is achieved. So you won’t have to use the same bit rate for all users.

Regards

Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

In addition to what Alistu mentioned, you can add a new parameter in the global parameters and call it Bitrate2 and assign value to it, then you call it in any component (such as PRBS) by using script mode and write Bitrate2

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks for replay,
      i see but my question is if i choose two different value for the two types of bitrate how choose the value of bitrate in global parameter i.e. for good performance i will choose the data bitrate twice the bitrate of simulation or its the summation of all data bitrate for all PRBS or what?
      regards

Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

Hi Gherbi Mohamed,

let say you have 3 of PRBS and you would like to assign different bit rate to all of them. You have three ways

First way:
      you change the script mode to normal mode in all of them and write any value you would like,

Second way:
      you assign 20 Gbps in the global parameter. then you go to each PRBS and write such as
      for PRBS =====> 0.5*Bit rate (which will be equal to 10 Gbps)
      for PRBS =====> 0.3*Bit rate (which will be equal to 6 Gbps)
      for PRBS =====> 0.2*Bit rate (which will be equal to 4 Gbps)

Their way
      You add another two parameters in the global parameters and give them name such as (Bit rate 2, Bit rate 3), after that you assign value to all of them in the global parameters as following
      Bit rate ====> 10Gbps
      Bit rate 2 ====> 6Gbps
      Bit rate 3 ====> 4Gbps
      Then you go to PRBS one by one and assign to each of them one of the global parameters that you already prepared.

But careful about the other components that come after each PRBS. Usually they are depending on the bit rate. so you need to make sure that they have the same bit rate as their PRBS.

hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks mohammed

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..
      Well the bit rate in global parameters sure does get assigned to the individual PRBS , if it is not mentioned explicitly there. But it also says the maximum bit rate the simulation would reliably run at. Eg. if in system layout, it is set to 10Gbps and if at PRBS, it is set greater than that, the simulation doesn’t work properly. That is what I have come across so far.

Regards.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      correctly mentioned by all,

if we are not using the script mode. i.e if layout bit rate =B
      and data rate =D
      keeping B>D
      then i seen variation in results if we change the layout bit B to B1(B1>D).
      i can not figure out why

with regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      I agree with Mohamed Ben zegalam and aasif sir.
      Bit rate in global parameter, B must be greater than individual bit rate of PBRS.
      It is used in case of Script mode for different bit rate.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.