Home Forums SYSTEM WDM PON

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Yasir Saifullah
      Participant

When I try to simulate the sample WDM PON, an error occurs in optisysen 14.0. I have attached the error snapshot.
      If anone have any idea then let me know, Thanks.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Yasir,

I do not have access to OptiSystem v.14 now, so could you please insert a screen shot of the design if it is possible for you? Otherwise, please check to see if the input and output ports of the components are added correctly with regard to the type of input defined for them (in their properties window).

Regards

Hi Yasir

The system shows an error for the power splitter.
      Why are you using a splitter in your design ?
      I suggest you to use Multiplexers and demultiplexers while working with WDM systems.As long you are not designing a hybrid time and wavelength divison multiplexed system i don’t think there would be a need of a splitter in your design.

Hope its helpful

Regards

Yasir Saifullah
      Participant

Thanks Fayiqa, My design requirements are 800 Optical Network Units, can I design it with WDM without using splitter?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Yasir,

Can you please attach your design file so that I would be able to check it? WDM components and splitters/compbiners definitely cannot be used exchangeably. So could you please upload the OptiSystem file so that it can be seen where the splitter has been used in WDM PON structure?

Regards

Hi Yasir

If your design requirement is 800 ONUs.I suggest you to use a TWDM or OFDM PON architecture.WDM Provides a point to point link between the transmitter and reciever but implementing that for such a great number requires a vast infrastructure.TDM on the other hand provides a point to multipoint link.The hybrid combination of the two will help you to design a system with large ONU capacity.
      Hope it solves your problem.

Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi yasir,

You have the same problem as i have. But i think the problem remains in optisyatem trial version not in licensed version optisystem 13.
      Because when i had used 13 version i had simulate the same osd file but now i am facing problem 14 version.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

The 30-day trials of OptiSystem versions are fully functional according to Optiwave. It means they are supposed to have no difference in terms of behavior with the licensed versions. Nevertheless, I used to face some problems when I was using 32-bit version 13 OptiSystem that I do not face with the 64-bit version.

Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet,
        The evaluation trail versions work as fine as the licensed versions but yeah i agree with you on the fact that there may be compatibility issues here. It can be also because the files are simulated on different Operating machines i mean systems with 32-bit and 64-bit machines. You know different issues come in but i hope you would find a way to troubleshoot.
        Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.