Home Forums SYSTEM Tunability in TWDM-PON

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi,

I am looking for some information on the tunability in TWDM PON implementation. Is it possible to use and tune the DFB lasers and FP filters with respect to requirements in Optisystem? or do we have to interface another software with optisystem?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz,

Can you please elaborate a little more? More specifically, can you please explain what you mean by tuning the aforementioned lasers and filters “with respect to requirements in OptiSystem”? If, for example, you want the filter bandwidth to change according to the bit rate, you can use the script mode for this purpose.

Regards

Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi Alistu,

I know about script mode but that is different from what I need help for. TWDM PON has an option of tunability where lasers automatically tune to different wavelengths and similarly filters depending upon the need. Whether they are at transmitter side or receiver side.

I needed help in this regard if we can perform this in Optisystem or we will have to interface another software with Optisystem to perform this task?

Hoat Le
      Participant

hi shahbaz . ! i’m simulating WDM/TDM PON network .I am failed “upstream”. can you help me ?

Hoat Le
      Participant

hi shahbaz . ! i’m simulating WDM/TDM PON network .I am failed “upstream”. can you help me ?

Attachments:
        Shahbaz Qureshi
        Participant

Hi Hoat,

I understand. I’ll take a look at your simulation file and get back to you. Meanwhile, take a look at this discussion if it can be of your help and also if you will attach the screenshot I’ll be able to help promptly.

Link: https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/twdm-pon/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.