Home Forums SYSTEM Single Photon Source

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Dear all,
      How can I model a single photon source or by how much can we attenuate a Pulse laser/CW laser source to presume one is having a single photon source using optisystem. I am actually simulating a QKD system. If there is any application you think is much more suitable for QKD (Quantum key distribution), kindly help with information. Thanks all

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I am not sure that Optiwave signal rapresentation allows for “single photon” transmitters. Someone from Optiwave support can surely help you about this topic.

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Thanks alot Alessandro Festa. I hope features like this would be included in the later version.

I also observe I could not get adjustable ratio power splitter or combiner. The available one is 50/50 by default.

Damian Marek
        Participant

Taiwo,

OptiSystem signals are represented by intensities and not number of particles. In a sense, it is like a classical approach which would not work if the number of photons or power were to become very small. That is to say quantum key distribution networks are out of the scope of the OptiSystem simulation tool.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

You are welcome. You can use an X coupler if you need to do something different from 50/50.

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

May be possible this feature for upcoming version.
      Can we use filter to get a single photon source on design in MATLAB to generate a single source from the laser Data.
      May be I am wrong.

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Thank you so much Marek for enlightening me more on this

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Taiwo,

according to your question about the opportunity of single photon source implementation, I agree with Ajay: Matlab will be the most viable option. If I am not mistaken, it was implemented using Quantum Optics Toolbox in
      Tan, S. “A computational toolbox for quantum and atomic optics”. Journal of Optics B: Quantum and Semiclassical Optics 1, 424 (1999)

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Thanks both Ravil and Ajay. I will check for the said publication

Ravil
      Participant

You are welcome, Taiwo! I hope that my recommendation will give you some guidance. Good luck with your future work and research!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.