Home Forums SYSTEM Save the eye diagram as image using component script

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have to save eye diagrams as image for over 400 sweeps. I know how to manually save eye diagram as an image in Optisystem but it’ll take long time to do it manually. I have already script code written in “eye diagram analyzer” for automatically saving BER, Q-Factor values as a text file during sweep automatically. So i want to know if similar component script code can be written to save eye diagrams as images from eye diagram analyzer automatically. Please help me, thank you.

Could anyone who is familiar with scripting help me pls. I’ve tried to write component script in eye diagram analyzer to autosave eye diagram as image during sweep. The script code I tried with is:
      Dim ThisComponent
      Set ThisComponent = GetThisComponent()
      Dim FSO3
      Dim resMgr3
      Dim res3

Set FSO3 = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObject”)

‘Set resMgr3 = ThisComponent.GetGraphMgr
      Set res3 = ThisComponent.GetGraph(“Eye Diagram”)
      res3.Save “D:\EyeDiagram.bmp”

I’m getting this error on running evaluate script.
      VB Scripting: ‘Microsoft VBScript runtime error’ Line: 64 ,Char: 0, ‘Object doesn’t support this property or method: ‘Save”

Ahmad Atieh

Hello
      There is a feature in OptiSystem that allows you to save the eye diagrams as frames or as movie. You need to use the project browser then select the eye analyzer and choose the eye diagram and use the right click to choose how to save the images. try it and let me know if you have any other question.
      Rergards,
      Ahmad

Thank you for the reply sir, I guess you are suggesting me to check the export options of eye diagram such as “print to BMP” manually. But I am collecting dataset and I have to collect eye diagram images by varying many parameters and those will be over 1000 sweeps, and manually doing this is’nt possible for me sir. So I am kindly requesting help to automate the saving of eye diagram as images using component script or any other alternatives. Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.