Home Forums FDTD Running VBS Closes OptiFDTD

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy McDonald
      Participant

Hello,

Forgive my inexperience using OptiwaveFDTD. FYI I am also using the free 32-bit version, so apologies if that is my issue.

I am attempting to follow along and adapt some of the tutorials about running simulations and post processing using VBscript, and I am running into a problem in which OptiFDTD will simply close when I click “Test Script”. I do not get any error messages and most of the code in the script is copied directly from the example file “2D_TM_VB_scripting_get_spectrum”. I have attached the .fdt file which contains the script.

Thanks for any guidance,

Tim

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Timothy,

The problem is in how you setup your input plane. You have it set to be a modal transverse profile based on waveguide Linear1. When we calculate modes we use the refractive index of the waveguide across the input plane. However in your setup you set the input plane at 0.5 um

InputPlane1.SetPosition 0.5

and your waveguide does not start until 0.75 um so there is no refractive index profile across the input plane and it is causing the script to crash.

Try to find the mode using the form and you will be warned that there is no waveguide.

This error handling has been corrected in the new product and is a 32-bit specific issue now.

Scott

Timothy McDonald
      Participant

Scott,

Thanks for explaining the error. It should help me create better models going forward.

Best,
      Tim McDonald

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.