Home Forums SYSTEM results difference

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MHD NA
      Participant

Hi all optiwave members,
      I have a question about the results of project. Why my results differ from one version to another, i.e I have made an optical system with optisystem V.7 and have defined results. after that i operate the same project on another computer has optisystem V.12 I get better results than the older version.
      Why there is difference in results between old and new versions of optisystem?

Regards,

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hello Mohammad Namera
      Sometimes result change in same version too, Due to the random seed generation of some components.By just deselecting random seed results comes out to be every time.
      Secondly ,i think if system has lower sequence length then results may fluctuate in other version with all same parameter and file.But these results should be vary little not too much.If your results change to great extent than you should ask Damian to check it.
      Thank you

alistu
      Participant

Hi Mohammad,

I believe the reason for getting different results in different Optisystem versions may be due to the fact that Optisystem components (which are models from real components) are constantly being updated by Optiwave. Of course, probably not all of them from one version to another, but some.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.