Home Forums FIBER real fiber data

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nandam Ashok
      Participant

Hi,
      I have real fiber refractive index difference vs radius data in txt and excel formats.
      But the optifiber has an example in .asc format data file is there any possible to use my .txt or excel file data to calaculate the fiber design. If so kindly let me how to design it and calculate

With advance thanks
      Ashok

Damian Marek
      Participant

Yes, you might need to make some minor adjustments from your text or excel format, but you can export your data to the form that is attached in this picture.

Attachments:
      Nandam Ashok
      Participant

Hi Damian thanks for your reply, and it works but when I am uploading the file the structure shows in refractive index, index difference y values the refractive index values coming in 0.0002 like that (it is not correct my guess). anyhow I am attaching my txt files (the modified format files like you mentioned in BCF2DPC) if you dont mind kindly look on my files
      with many many advance thanks
      Ashok

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Ok so there are a few problems. The left column representing the radius should start from 0 and end at the largest radius you have data for and the y column should be the index of refraction. You would also need to calculate the index of refraction for each step the index difference will not work.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.