Home Forums SYSTEM Radio over fiber

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Everyone I am attaching here with a design file where I want to generate a dual tone optical signal, in the electrical domain the two radio carrier are clearly visible but at the output of the optical modulator the spectrum is not upto the expectation, I think need to adjust the modulator parameters but I am unable to do so. Please help. Thanking you.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

hello Dhiman!
      Did you try different modulation schemes provided in optiwave ?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi aabid, in the optisystem 14 samples there is a design file for radio over fiber in the “Microwave and RF optical systems” folder there also not that sharp frequency they are getting but better than my one. I am attaching here with the .osd file please have a look. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Aabid Baba
      Participant

i guess increasing gain of the optical amplifier to 25 and increasing level to 3dbm gives a good response.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Aabid I am worried about the optical modulator output where want to see two clear tones i.e. frequrncy or wavelength. So where you are pointing to use amplifier, you can do modification to the circuit attached. Thanks for your response.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.