Home Forums GENERAL Q-factor for NRZ

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Hi,
      I studied the following paper “Enhanced spectrum slicing: wavelength division multiplexing approach for mitigating atmospheric attenuation in optical communication” ( https://doi.org/10.1007/s11082-022-03544-8 ). The Q-factor values for different values of attenuation are given in this paper. I tried to implement this paper using optisystem, not able to go anywhere near the values of Q-factor got in this paper using 0 dbm for CW laser. Anybody can give an explanation for this? for Pre-amplification and post-amplification mentioned in this paper.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      The OSNR at the receiver is an important factor that affects the System Q-factor. You need to make sure that you have similar OSNR at the receiver compared to the paper to get the same BER and Q-factor performance.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      The OSNR at the receiver is an important factor that affects the System Q-factor. You need to make sure that you have similar OSNR at the receiver compared to the paper to get the same BER and Q-factor performance.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Dear Ahmad sir,
      The authors in the above paper donot mention the OSNR value at the receiver. How to compare OSNR in such a situation?
      regards – Vamsy

Vamsi mohan
      Participant

Dear Ahmad sir,
      The authors in the above paper donot mention the OSNR value at the receiver. How to compare OSNR in such a situation?
      regards – Vamsy

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      You need to calculate the power budget and try your best to estimate the noise level from the setup. I can’t comment on this because I didn’t read the paper.
      In General, that is why you have different results. You may try to eliminate all noise sources in your setup and compare then add one by one.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Vamsi,
      You need to calculate the power budget and try your best to estimate the noise level from the setup. I can’t comment on this because I didn’t read the paper.
      In General, that is why you have different results. You may try to eliminate all noise sources in your setup and compare then add one by one.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.