Home Forums GENERAL propagation of a femtosecond laser pulsepropagation of a femtosecond laser pulse

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keivan Aghdami
      Participant

Dear Sir/Madam
      I would like to simulate propagation of a femtosecond laser pulse in silica medium considering nonlinear phenomena like Kerr effect and plasma defocusing. Has your software (FDTD or BPM) capability to do this? Is this form of short intense pulses predicted in these softwares?
      Please kindly help and advise me for this subject.
      Keivan

Hi Keivan,
      you can do that in OptiSystem 15.
      let me know you project structure and we can help you.

best of luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

Keivan Aghdami
      Participant

Dear Mr. Abouseif
      Thank you for your reply.
      We use a 200fs laser pulse to create waveguides inside silica experimentally. The laser pulse passes through a SLM (spatial light modulator) to manipulate the phase profile of laser beam. Then it focuses by a lens inside silica and make a trace inside it. Permanent variation of refractive index is then produced inside medium. By changing the phase profile of incidence beam by SLM, the trace of beam as well as its intensity and focal point is altered. There are some softwares to simulate evolution of propagating beam using FDTD method but nonlinear phenomenas like Kerr effect and plasma defocusing are not evolved there in.
      Now I would like to know, is there a capability of simulating these type of intense and sort pulses in the Optiwave softwares? And can I introduce nonlinear effects on them?
      Thank you again for kind consideration,
      Sincerely yours,
      Keivan

Damian Marek
      Participant

Keivan,

As this question is FDTD-based, I can help you with it. OptiFDTD can be used to simulate nonlinear materials with 2-order, 3-order responses as well as the Raman effect.

These nonlinear effects are limited to 2D simulations.

Damian

Keivan Aghdami
      Participant

Thanks dear Marek
      Could you please provide me some more help on it and refer a paper or text explaining how this kind of simulation have done by optiFDTD?
      Femto-second laser pulses simulations has its own difficulties and specialties. Does this kind of short pulses predicted in this software?
      Yours,
      Keivan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.