Home Forums SYSTEM Problem with white led source and FSO

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      maha sliti
      Participant

Hello,
      I have a problem when using white led source and fso link. I have attached my simulation file.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

A couple small problems:

1) You need a 3R Regenerator to reproduce the clock signal for the eye diagram.

2) The White Light Source needs to be converted to a sampled signal to be modulated. Check the Convert Noise Bins parameter.

3) Finally a low pass filter helps to clean up the detected electrical signal.

See attached.

maha sliti
      Participant

Thank you Sir.

maha sliti
      Participant

I cannot open the attached file. Can you please attach a scanned image?

maha sliti
      Participant

I have obtained the eye digram by following your corrections. Thank you very much.

maha sliti
      Participant

Dear Sir, When I tried to use the wavelength 750nm in the white led and an optical fiber centered at the same wavelength, the signal is lost. I did not understand the problem.
      I have attached my simulation file.

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

I am not sure what you mean by the signal is lost. Attached is the time domain output I receive, which is actually at a higher power than the output.

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Damian i have also analyzed the signal at output too.but i need to know
      Why maha used edfa with 20 dB gain fir just 0.25 km of fiber length.when i run simulation without amp. System works fine and also took less time .with and without edfa results i got same 10^-18.i lowered the power of led to 0db and deleted edfa ,system works fine.
      Damian can we use EDFa along with LED? I have a doubt in this ..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.