Home Forums GENERAL Problem- Stops responding

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all when I am running my optisystem design file, during checking the system it does not show any error and unfortunately it stops responding and comes “close program” message. If there is some error in the design the how will I know where exactly the problem is? I have attached the error message aand .osd file. please go through and if possible i would request to help me to come out of the problem.

With regards,
      Dhiman kakati

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Please find the attached .osd file for the above mentioned problem.

with Regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

If system stops after calculation,problem basically in the time window.Increase sequence length and check the file.If it doent help let me know.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

thanks abhishek, where can I find time window, I will look into this

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,

I have changed the time window, yet the error is still given while calculating the decision component. In several cases on this forum, this problem occurs due to the fact that different port types are connected together (eg. binary to electrical). So I suggest that you check the implementation for these kind of problems also.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, The problem needs to be solved.
      I am also trying hope for the problem solved.

Thank you

alistu
        Participant

Dear Dhiman,

Since you know more than anybody about your system, I suggest you always check for small mistakes (like the one I have mentioned) in your own implementation, even though someone else claims they have checked everything.

As I was checking your implementation, I only unchecked “”centered at max power” box in downsampling tab for each of eight the PIN photodetectors and the simulation was run smoothly. Also, I have chnaged the bit rate in decision components from zero to the reference bit rate. I have attached both the modified file and a snapshot of the results of a visualizer. Please check if the problem is solved in your computer too.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, I tried your modified one But it is also shows “the optisystem design software stops responding” then close window.

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

Dhiman,

I am looking into this problem and I am getting the same issue as you.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thank you damian for going through the issue.

With regards
      Dhiman Kakati

alistu
      Participant

Ironically, I cannot get the results again from my own file attached above, even though I managed to get the results (as I have attached the binary sequence visualizer here) before! Maybe I had made some random change that I haven’t saved. I’m really sorry Dhiman about this.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu, I, Damian and you are trying to solve this problem, hope to get the output soon.

Regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

The program should not be crashing, but I did find that the Bit rate set by you in the Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence Generator differed from the global bit rate in the layout parameters. Changing it to the same value works for me. If you want the 1 Gbit/s bit rate, that will work too, but change the layout parameter Bit rate to 1 Gbit/s as well and the Symbol rate to 250 Mbit/s

The crashing is a problem though and I have reported it to the OptiSystem team, worst case the program should just give an incorrectly demodulated signal.

Cheers!

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thank you Damian.. Now its working. am So happy now because it was becoming my headache.

With regards.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Question has been answered, so the topic will be closed!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Problem- Stops responding’ is closed to new replies.