Home Forums SYSTEM Problem in simple WDM system

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Raja masud
      Participant

Hi guys,

I have faced a problem in a simple WDM system, i have upload a osd file. ok the idea is simple, i want Multiplexes two pulse with different frequency by a ideal mux. so at the output of mux i will see 2 pulse by the Optical Time Domain Visualizer. But i have got 2 problem:

(1) There are two pulse in “Optical Time Domain Visualizer_2” of figure-1; but there is one pulse in “Optical Time Domain Visualizer_5” of figure-2, and another is missing. But, the OSA and WDM analyzer of both figure shows that there are two signal with different frequency and same power. It is happened, when difference between two frequency of two pulse is grater than 6 THz.

(2) There is a dark spot (may be interference) between two adjacent pulse in “Optical Time Domain Visualizer_2” of figure-1. we know that 2 different frequency do not interfere each other, but how this dark spot is generated?

if anyone know the answer then plz share.

Regards

Raja masud
      Participant

here is the file

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Raja,

For your second question, I think it is the overlapping of the two signals (i.e you can check the time duration of the signal).

Regards,
      Sasha

Raja masud
        Participant

Hi Sasha,

Thank you for your answer, and i am sorry for my let replay.

What about if i use the rectangular pulse? i have uploaded a osd file, where you can see spicks between two pulses. what do you think, why this happen?

Thanks again
        RAJA

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.