Home Forums GENERAL Polarization Modulator Design required

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Hi everyone, I am working on UWB over fiber system and my design contains POLARIZATION MODULATOR, the function of PolM is to switch the polarization of optical signal between two specific angles according to zero and one of electrical input data. the sets of angles are (0,90),(0,45),(90,5) and (40,50). I need the system to perform this function???

Thanks in advance

Jaffar

Tech Support
      Participant

Perhaps this will work, it is a prototype of a polarization switch using a phase modulator based optical switch. The initial laser is polarized at 45 degrees. The top polarizer is 0 degrees and the bottom polarizer is 90 degrees. The outputs are then combined. If you look at the final Optical Time Domain Visualizer, you will see constant total power output but the X-Power and Y-Power are now modulated according to the input sequence generator.

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Thank you sir for replay.. I am trying to open the file I cannot, it shows the error massage ( Failed to load document from storage)??

Tech Support
      Participant

I`ve attached a .zip rather than the .osd. Please try again.

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Sir, I downloaded the file and extracted it, the error massage (failed to load document from storage) appears when I am trying to opent the file in optisystem as shown in the attached photo.

Attachments:
      Tech Support
      Participant

What Windows OS & version of OptiSystem are you using?

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

I am using (windows 7 professional, 64 bit) and (optisystem 12.0), can you provide me the picture of design?

Tech Support
      Participant

The file was built in 12.2.1, so that would be the issue. Attached is a picture of the design.

Attachments:
      Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Thank you very much for your help.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.