Home Forums SYSTEM Plz help me with this PAM modulation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lavanya
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      I am master degree student and I am new to this software and I am doing my mini project. Can anyone help me in designing a PAM4 modulation. I have designed PAM4 modulation with directly modulated laser and with external modulated laser ( with mz modulator and cw laser). I have given 10Gbps as input and also by varying the fiber length in optisystem 21.0.0 evaluation setup.

In external modulated laser ( i.e with mz modulator and cw laser), I am getting the PAM4 signal correctly after the fiber but in the receiver side the quality factor is 0 and BER is 1. Its the same even after changing the fiber length.

In directly modulated laser, I am getting the PAM4 signal different from the PAM modulated and after the directly modulated laser ( i.e. the signal is different in both the oscilloscope and optical time domain visualizer) and in the receiver side the quality factor is 0 and BER is 1. Its the same even after changing the fiber length.
      I don’t have any idea where it went wrong. Kindly please help me in this design.

Ahmad Atieh

Response was sent by email.
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.