• Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

after executing the .osd file .suppose we wannt to plot the graphs like ;
      1. recived power vs log(BER)
      2.BER vs bit rate
      3.quality factor vs OSNR

etc;etc.

what is the proper procedure for that?please suggest detailled link or document or videos if possible for it.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aasif,

A very detailed explanation for your purpose has been provided by Optiwave team in the following link:

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

In case you have any specific questions about the details in any steps, we can discuss it here.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanx sir for replying;

sir what is the difference between the data rate(BIT RATE) of layout and the data rate of PBRS.

in a case where i want to plot the graph of any parameter with respect to the data rate(bit rate). i have to sweep the data rate of PBRS (say from 1GBPS to 500GBPS),. IN that case what must be the vAlue of data rate of layout for entire simulation.

regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Aasif. Data rate of PRBS generator is usually set as the layout data rate using script mode. However, you can set a value different and independent from the layout data rate value for PRBS generator. So I think you should set the value of data rate regardless of the one in layout parameters. I must say I haven’t done this myself yet, but there shouldn’t be any problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.