Home Forums FDTD plasmonic organic solar cell

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am trying to set up a Lorentz-Drude model of the active layer material (which is an organic semiconductor). I have the complex dielectric constant data in the wavelength range from 300nm to 1600 nm. Following are the doubts which I am currently unable to solve:

1. Plasma frequency: The frequency value where the real part of dielectric constant becomes zero is not available in the data. If I want to calculate theoretically, shall I consider the contribution of both electrons and holes in Lorentz-Drude model equation?

2. Relative permittivity at infinity: Is it a good approximation to take a steady state value at 1600nm since the desired operating wavelength range is between 300nm and 700nm?

3. Oscillator strength: I have no idea about any other resonances happening outside the wavelength range given in the data. If I were to find the oscillator strengths at the resonances, what is the best possible way to obtain the correct values?

Scott Newman

Rajkumar,

Can you please confirm what version of the product you are using? The current version of the product provides an automated fit for Lorentz-Drude materials.

Scott

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.