Home Forums FDTD PCF Raman effect

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      abdelghafor elgamri
      Participant

Hello,
      i am trying to study Raman effect on PCF,i want to analyze the effect of changing the hole and diameter and the structure geometry on the gain. also if i can add GeO2 as dopant. how can i see those parameters as function of wavelength/power/distance.
      Also , can i get all these results in OptiFDTD or do i have to use Optimode?

i have attached my PCF structure

thanks

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

OptiMode can calculate the modes that exist for such a structure, modal index and field distribution.

OptiFDTD can propagate those modes/or any field through the PCF to determine Transmission\Reflection properties.

The Raman effect can only be used in 2D simulations in FDTD.

abdelghafor elgamri
      Participant

Dear Damian Marek,
      thank you very much for you response, i step up Raman parameters in the material PCF designer , and i used observation line, point and area, the only graph i got was a power Vs wavelength . How can i see Raman effect and how can see the effect of changing PCF geometry on Raman gain,Rayleight scattering and other parameters. is it possible to add dopants in the hole and can i know the PFC effective area .

thanks
      Abdul elgamri

Damian Marek
      Participant

In OptiMODE you can find the effective area and how it depends on hole geometry and dopants. The dopant materials are not available in OptiFDTD. .

I am not sure you can accomplish your task for calculating Raman gain , Rayleigh scattering since the materials are only available in 2D simulations.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.