Home Forums SYSTEM packet stream in MZ modulator

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hi All

Guys if i manage to generaate packet stream in matlab which i may generate by converting a sine wave into packet stream.If i feed this signal into the electrical port of MZ modulator. will it give the modulated optical signal??

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi burhan num mina llah,
      As far as i am concerned it should work fine. What you are doing is just using user defined sequence i.e your sine wave ( which now is packet stream). But you will have to see if all the characteristics of the Psuedo random sequence generator are in cooperated in the MATLAB code you have compiled.
      Regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan

Well, Burhan ..Could you please tell me about your packet format? Do you change your sine wave to binary sequence with your MATLAB code?

Regards.

Hi Aabid Baba

Is it actually necessary to have the characteristics of Pseudo Random Binay Sequence in my matlab component in order to make it suitable for the electric port of MZ modulator?? How is this going to matter as the signal requirement what i believe is just to be electric and the packet stream is anyway electric.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Burhan,
      Well i believe it is mandatory to include it i guess for compatibility sake. It must be in proper format to be modulated by the light.

regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Aabid,
      well I think as long as her data is electrical, the MZ modulator is going to accept it as one of the inputs, regardless of anything.
      Are you trying to say that characteristics like bit rate of this data are mandatory to be known? Please elaborate.

Regards.

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi naazira,
        yeah i was talking about the requirements of the electrical signal that are important for the signal to be modulated in Mach-zehnder modulator. The modulated signal should be efficient enough to give a good response at the receiver end that is why i mentioned to in co operate evry characteristic parameter of the electrical signal we generally provide to mach-zehnder modulator.
        Regards

Hi Naazira Badar

Actually i had thought of calling a simulink model at first to generate the packet stream but i failed to do that yet so i found some code for a wavelet packet generated from a sine wave. i analysed its spectrum so i believe it discretizes the sine wave and forms packets likewise. i hope you understood what i meant to put forth.
      i infact wanna ask that does this bitrate play any role in modulation . do we really need to specify it in code.

Regards

Burhan

alistu
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

Is it possible for you to upload the .osd file where you have used Matlab component with packet stream along with the .m file containing Matlab codes for the generation of packet streams if it is possible, so that we would be able to manipulate the system to see how it can be modulated?

Regards

Hi Alistu

i actually found this code and was trying to implement it in optisystem. but its not working . can u please see what could ne the possible issue?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.