Home Forums GENERAL packet generation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

How can we generate packets in optisystem. And how to read the the packets or sequence generated.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

In order to generate bit sequences, you can use either of the PRBS generator, user defined bit sequence generator or BER test set components. In order to see the sequence in case of the first and the third component, you can use a binary visualizer component available in the visualizers library.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi burhan,

as alistu mentioned sequence can be gennerated by PRBS generator.
      but are also taking of packets, which has header or preamble, body and footer parts. I think in that view the PBRS gennerator may not work.

i think you please elaborate your query further,

with regards

Hi all

Alistu i actually analysed what a PRBS generator generate its a bit sequence but what i require is a stream of packets in which each packet has its own header and then i want to analyse that header of each packet and for that i require an analyser.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi burhann
      i have already mention it your another post that the packets with full fledged seperste header ,boy and footer may not be possible in optisystem. we can greate sysmbols. but you are dealing with packet headers
      with regards

Hi Aasif

Thanks . So can i code packet generation in matlab which i may use in optisystem as packet generator. Is there any such possiblility. Since i only require to make a model which works on few values which can later be turned into a major project.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.