Home Forums SYSTEM OWC PCM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ehab Salah
      Participant

Dear All
      I work on a study to design wireless optical communication system having EDFA in transmitter and Receiver,
      I wont to implement Pulse Code Modulation to the system to code and encrypt the signal coming out from the transmitter then decoding it at the receiver. I don’t find any symbol in optiwave 14 or 7 for PCM. any ideas how to design such system.

Marc Verreault
      Participant

Hi Ehab,

Most of our components are actually pulse code modulators. For example our NRZ pulse generator works by sampling an input binary sequence to create a digitized analog representation of the rectangular waveform. We also have a measured pulse sequence generator where you can define the output signal based on a defined input amplitude-time waveform. For encryption however you may need to use our MATLAB component to process (encrypt) the sampled (digitized) signals at the transmitter and receiver. I hope this helps. Cheers.

Ehab Salah
      Participant

hi marc
      thank you for the reply
      but kindly, for the coding using matlab can you give me an example or paper I can see how it is done, also, is coding through matlab can be added to a design done by optiewave 7.
      thank you verymuch for your help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.