Home Forums SYSTEM Optisystem: Reflectivity of a Pr-doped Fiber with mirrors

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibrahim Abdul
      Participant

Dear all,

which componentes do I have to use for realizing a Pr-doped fiber which is deposited on both end surfaces with mirrors.

The reflectivity at 719, 638, 605, and 522 nm and the transmittance at 444 nm of surface 1 were 20.6%, 69.4%, 94.0%, 99.95%, and 99.0%, respectively.
      To selectively oscillate at 522 nm, the reflectivities at 719, 638, 605, and 522 nm of surface 2 were 6.0%, 4.6%, 0.7%, and 94.9%, respectively.

By the way: I am realizing the laser setup mentioned in figure 1 in the attached paper.

I ask for a quick response.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:

Ibrahim,
      fiber with cleaved edges (mirrors) are two things.
      So you can use fiber as it is then connect it Fiber brag grating to its edges to act as mirrors and specify transmission and reflections as functions of the wavelengths.
      Hope this is clear,
      regards,
      Mohamed Abouseif

Ibrahim Abdul
      Participant

Mohamed,

thank you for your reply.

The Fiber brag grating has two inputs and one output, what about of the free input of the two inputs, shall it stay free?

How can I implement the transmissions and the reflections?

By the way: Can you please inform me which components to use for the other parts in the laser setup of figure 1? (pdf-file is attached before)

Thank you a lot,
      Ibrahim

The second input should be connected to Null signal otherwise the calculations would not started.

you can put the transmission and reflection coefficients as you like.
      I advise you to read the manual associated with the component for detailed information about each component laser or FBG.

thanks
      Mohamed

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.