Home Forums FIBER Optigrating: elliptic cross section

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sebastian Leese
      Participant

Hello,

how do I define a fiber with an elliptic cross section? I do not find in OptiGrating any option to define an azimuthal dependence on core radius/cladding radius. Another option would be an azimuthal dependence of the index modulation of the grating. I want to simulate the response of an LPFG to deformation of the LPFG. In the simulation the response on stretching a grating disappears if I correct the core and cladding radius and recalculate the modes before changing the grating.

Amine Abouzaid
      Participant

Hi Sebastian,

There is no option for defining an elliptical cross section directly in OptiGrating. If you’re interested in simulating gratings in fibers with elliptical cross sections, one option would be to use OptiGrating’s “Other Waveguide” module. This requires you to provide the mode parameters, which you could evaluate using some other software, like OptiMode.

If adding an azimuthal dependence to the index modulation is sufficient for your purposes, you can do so in OptiGrating using the “azimuthal photosensitivity” parameter in the “Single Fiber Profile” menu. The azimuthal photosensitivity acts as an envelope function for the index modulation, and can be set as a user-provided function.

If you have questions about either of these options, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at amine.abouzaid@optiwave.com

Amine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.