Home Forums SYSTEM Optical Transversal Filter

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      usha choudhary
      Participant

Hello everyone;
      how can i implement an optical transversal filter in optisystem 13.

HELLO USHA..
      if possible for you kindly explain a little what actually is optical transversal filter and for what purpose you are using it in your implementation or design….
      Only then it will be possible to infer something and to best of our knowledge we will be able to help you….
      THanks and regards
      fayiqa

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Usha Ma’am,
      Can you please explain a bit what actually is optical transversal filter and for what purpose you are using it. May be it would give some idea because it seems to be a new topic and something interesting to learn about and I believe after explanation only members would be able to help you in this regard.
      Regards

usha choudhary
      Participant

respected sir/ mam,
      Transversal filter is basically channel equllizer used to improve the reception quality.
      It is combination of some delay elements and tap weights, that can be fixed or updated regularly according to channel conditions….
      I would like to include it in my coherent/ direct detection OFDM to improve dispersion performance of optical fiber link

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,
      I have never come across this type of filter or maybe it is present in the library i have not noticed it. Is it there in the optisystem library..?
      Anyway, I would suggest that are other ways of improving the reception quality and you may use those schemes instead or any other filter for improving the response of your systems. Talking of different schemes you may use dispersion compensation ( using both DCF and Fiber bragg grating), you may also use other filters like fabry-parot/ FBG. They too improve the perfromance of your system.
      Regards

HI ALL..
      i to some extent agree with the suggestion put forward by aabid baba..you can use techniques to compensate the dispersion that occurs in the fiber link..not only this there are other ways to do it…u can also use dispersion compensation fiber for the link and check for the results..

no doubt cost is the factor in using DCFs but u can at least try those and compare ur results to the existing results..i hope its helpful..
      Thanks & regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I too find using DCFs logical… I think it will work well… I suggest to give it a try… Hope it helps…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Ma’am you may find these links helpful in case you wish to employ these techniques for dispersion compensation. I am posting these links for further reference. I hope these will help.

Compensation of Dispersion with Fiber Bragg Grating Component

Uniform Fiber Bragg Grating as a Filter

Dispersion Compensation Schemes – A System Perspective

Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi aabid baba,

Thanks for posting the various links with so much of useful information… Your efforts are appreciated…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      A novel all-optical transversal filter with negative coefficients and tap doubling is based on polarization modulation using the anisotropy of the electro-optic coefficient of LiNbO(3) crystals, negative and positive coefficients are simultaneously generated. Tap doubling is also achieved by using wavelength- and polarization-dependent time delays in fiber. Due to the orthogonal polarity between the two coefficients of each wavelength, the proposed filter is free from coherent interference and the synthesis of filter taps is performed in the optical domain. The experimental results demonstrated that stable 6-tap bandpass filter characteristics can be obtained by using only three optical sources.

love kumar
      Participant

hii.. there are two type of filter available in the ,matlab library .. matlab optical filter and matlab filter .. you can check the run command in these filter and can change it too according to your specification .. another option is to use matlab component .. write your matlab script i think it will be more beneficial if your want to implement only traversal optical filter only

regards

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hello,
      I have never come across this type of filter or maybe it is present in the library i have not noticed it. Is it there in the optisystem library..?
      Anyway, I would suggest that are other ways of improving the reception quality and you may use those schemes instead or any other filter for improving the response of your systems. Talking of different schemes you may use dispersion compensation ( using both DCF and Fiber bragg grating), you may also use other filters like fabry-parot/ FBG. They too improve the perfromance of your system.
      Regards

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.