Home Forums SYSTEM Optical BandPass and BandStop filter

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi dear community,

I am working on a project where I have to implement DSB-SC signal in optical domain. It requires Optical BPF and BSF. I am not able to find them anywhere on Optisystem, nor able to understand what cutoff frequencies to be given for this. Can anyone help? The input RF freq is 30GHz, the DSB-SC output has to be 60GHz.

Please assist.
      Thanks!

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Akshata,
      The optical filters can be found in the component library at the following location: Default/Filters Library/Optical. You need to choose one of BPFs then set the center frequency to match the center frequency of the sideband you’d like to modulate to carry the data. Please use the marker of the OSA visualizer to identify the center frequency (wavelength).
      The filter bandwidth depends on the used data signal.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Akshata,
      The optical filters can be found in the component library at the following location: Default/Filters Library/Optical. You need to choose one of BPFs then set the center frequency to match the center frequency of the sideband you’d like to modulate to carry the data. Please use the marker of the OSA visualizer to identify the center frequency (wavelength).
      The filter bandwidth depends on the used data signal.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.