Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM in Latest Version of OptiSystem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi everybody,
      Can anyone inform me whether the OFDM block in latest version have the following features-
      1. Adding training Symbols.
      2. RF tone insertion
      3. DFT precoding

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gokul,

In the latest OFDM components, it is possible to add training symbols. Also you can make use of pilot signals for channel estimation and so on. Setting the OFDM average power is another new feature in OS13. However, I don’t think the last two facilities you mentioned are there in them. I went through the help sections and couldn’t find anything about these. I can’ say I am absolutely sure about it, though.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi alistu,
      Are you referring to OFDM OS13 component in OptiSystem version 13.0.3.474? If so, I don’t see any such component in this version. But I can see a block which is just named OFDM modulation. Are you referring to that block?

alistu
        Participant

I never named such component as “OFDM OS 13” in my previous reply. The new OFDM component is simply named “OFDM Modulation” in version 13. There is also a component named “OFDM modulation OS12” there in the transmitters library, which is the former OFDM component used in OptiSystem version 12 and I am not referring to that.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      Thank you for guiding. Since I am using Optisystem for the first time I couldn’t understand what OS12 meant. Expecting more such helps in future.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      I was starting to design a system using the OFDM block of Optisystem 13, but in this new block there is one additional port. Can you please help me to know what that port is for? If you have any link explaining this new block then please share it.
      Thank you.

alistu
        Participant

The additional port is used for the training symbols and the pilot signals and should be connected to the same port in the OFDM demodulation component. You can read about it in the help section of the component. There are images there that indicate each of the ports and their use. But all you need to do about the pilot and training signals is to determine their number in the component properties.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.