Home Forums SYSTEM Noise Figure Problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Firat Durak
      Participant

Hello,

I want to simulate my new EDF Er30 (Liekki). I made my setup with EDFA basic Concepts to optimize the length of the EDF and pump power. When i simulate the setup, the gain is good value, but NF is not. It is basic setup, i think there is no error with this.

Is there anyone who could help me about this ?

Attachment file is my project and EDF data.

Thank you…

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Firat,

As you have mentioned, this is not an error. This seems to be merely due to the EDFA design parameters. Can you please specify the problem with the obtained noise figure? I have used the Optical amplifier component in your design with NF=4 and I have achieved a signal with more noise than yours. What is the expected noise figure in your design?

Regards

Firat Durak
      Participant

Dear Ali,

I expect the NF value about ~4 dB in my design. I got EDF parameters from Liekki, and designed my project as Optiwave Tutorials.
      What should i do getting the NF value ? Is there any difference with your project?

alistu
        Participant

I used the optical amplifier component (which acts as a black box) in your design by replacing the EDFA and got the aforementioned result.I set the value for the gain 50dB and the value for noise figure 4 dB and the amplification was somehow close the the amplification obtained using your EDFA. So if you intend to get 4dB NF, I think you are getting it now (maybe even less).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.