Home Forums SYSTEM multicanonical montecarlo simulation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gaurav Rajarya
      Participant

Hello,i am working on polarisation mode dispersion(PMD) compensation. for that,i need to apply muticanonical montECARLO simulation technique to generate some rare events.please help me and tell me how to do so?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Gaurav,

Do you, by any chance, have any more detailed description or the reference that you are trying to implement in your project? What is the exact goal of your simulation project? Are you considering the utilization of Matlab for your project as well?

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Gaurav,

as Ravil, I also think that using Matlab is the best choice. I remember an example from a previous OptiSystem release (probably 11) on how to implement the DSP algotithms with Matlab, but I cannot find it anywhere on Optiwave site…maybe you will be more lucky!

Ravil
      Participant

The other point that I would like to add is that matlab simulation will require a proper optimization since muticanonical simulations very often consider a continuous Markov process. The main challenge of this process simulation is a big consumption of time. From this point, I would recommend you to check if Optiwave Team has any good solution for your work!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.