Home Forums SYSTEM Mode-locked Laser settings and measurements loading

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

I am currently using Optisystem to modelize an Ytterbium master oscillator power amplifier. I have issues setting up up my oscillator which is a 1064nm mode-locked laser at 40MHz, each impulsion last for 7ps and the FWHM is 0.3nm.

I looked at the Ultrashort laser example file and at the moment I managed to make it work but it wasn’t really easy for me. I am only interested in the time trace and spectrum so I don’t care about all the components actually making the oscillator, only the output.

What I have is only a bit sequence piloting my sech pulse generator and I would like to know if there is a way I could set it up only by entering settings like pulse duration , frequency , FWHM etc. without bit rate or sequence length considerations.

Also is there a best way to make that kind of oscillator ? Is it possible to enter experimental results like the spectrum or time trace of my actual component to make it work on the software ?

That leads us to my second problem which is how can I load measurements or data files in the software ? The soft is always asking me for .dat files and I only have .txt or .csv files. I have no idea about how to create or even edit .dat files, could you help me on that please ?

Well that’s it for , sorry for the long post and maybe my dumb questions but I have been struggling with that for a few days now.

I hope you will be able to help me 🙂 !

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maxime

Anonymous
      Inactive

Up

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.